I now read the New York Times.

Trackable Hendershot 2009-2010?

Sunday, November 28, 2010

Well, let's write down what 29 year old Keith has to say.This is a journal from this past summer

Walking exerscises the imagination quoth Celine. All the rest is disappointment and fatigue. Our own journey is entirely imaginary. That's it's strength.

Stoners are highly organized houseplants.

A dispute between neighbors at ABC No Rio. The guy says "I'm a vampire. The time I sucked my brother's blood, I only regret it a little.

July 4th. Neponsit Beach, Listening to Television (the band). I feel music taking a renewed importance in my life following the Saturn's Returns, recoping with my new refocused personality.

Constantly, I'm floundering in the digital age, yet in many ways, I'm adjusting to it better than most. Missing my lo-fi analog Chicago days. It was rock and roll as fuck for a little while there. Rock and roll doesn't leave much time for creative expression or, let's face it, any aspect of organized civilization.

Grandchildren will read these words someday. Hello future! Are there flying cars yet?

The day bagan at 6:10 pm with a shirtless walk up 5th Ave. I'm the only white man who takes his shirt off in midtown Manhattan. Perhaps it will catch on and I will be a zeitgeist. Summer must be so uncomfortable for the old.

I'm at Galapagos listening to a Marching Band blasting in my ears. Life has reached the coolness of cinema at this moment. There's something miraculous about getting this amount of people together. The performers outnumber the audience.

It's been wonderful to watch the transformation of my friends into adults. We've inherited a hot and sick world. We're the good guys, or at least the good enough guys.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Good stuff....now,about those grandchildren...somebody in the Hendershot family needs to get crackin'...